Sunday, October 16, 2016

St. Louis Fire Damage Information - Three Key Ways That We Handle Odors From Fire Damage

By Kevin Thole

16 Oct. 2016

Lingering odors from fire and smoke are one of the most surprising effects that homeowners notice well after the flames have been tamed. If not attended to early on, these unappealing smells can severely affect your possessions, furnishings, and the structure of your house.

If you are dealing with fire damage in St. Louis, you may wonder how to get rid of the smells that now seem hopelessly stuck inside of your home. Here are some of the ways that SERVPRO technicians prevent smoke odors and get rid of them for good.

1. Debris Removal

Once you call our experts, one of the first things that we typically do after evaluating the fire damage in your home is remove debris and charred materials. Even if we are able to restore possessions, moving them off-site to deal with the smoke odors will help significantly improve smoke odor issues.

2. Surface Cleaning

The main reason that smoke from fire damage is so pervasive is that the odor causing particles usually go unseen and form residue. The residue that the particles leave behind can stick to walls, cabinetry, flooring, appliances, and penetrate porous surfaces. SERVPRO technicians have the tools and skill to clean these surfaces and get rid of odors from smoke.

3. Sealing

Even after thorough cleaning, some surfaces may still contain odors -- this is more common in homes with affected by severe fire damage. Should it be more effective to seal the surfaces of a home as opposed to just cleaning them, we will take the proper measures to get smoke odors under control.


You can trust the experts at SERVPRO of Clayton / Ladue to restore your home and possessions after any fire emergency. We will quickly and effectively get rid of odors from smoke and fire damage so you can have peace of mind and enjoy your home once again. For a quote or to learn more about our fire damage services, call us 24/7 at (314) 863-4555.  

Other related articles:


7 comments:

  1. Whether it’s for tackling the mud your kids trailed in or just annual touching up, a carpet cleaner is designed to remove deep stains and bacteria, and preserve your carpet. I recommend Carpet Shampooing Melbourne for removing stains and dirt from your carpet. They give top picks knocked out tough stains while being easy to operate and hassle-free to maintain. I m very glad by hiring their service. I don't have too much time So that i cannot talk with them too much and i am not able to describe the proper situation of my carpet. But after that their workers still understand me and gives me an ultimate service. Thanks a lot SK Carpet Cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I introduce carpet in my home one year prior and it has a pleasant champion shading which appears to be exceptionally tasteful when it was recently installed. Yet, now it looks exceptionally filthy on the grounds that the stain on it shows up obviously which leaves a muddled impact on my visitor. So I was searching for a cover cleaner then I met Emergency Carpet Cleaning & Drying Melbourne and they went to my home and comprehend my cover circumstance exceptionally well and treat it. inside day they clean and repair my cover and furthermore give me cites for its cleaning. They are completely proficient folks. As they revealed to me that they give splendid administration they demonstrate it that they are splendid. THANKYOU VIP Carpet Cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy with hiring Carpet Dry Cleaning Brisbane because they treat my carpet which was damaged by mistake. My 3 years old daughter accidently vomit on carpet. I clean the vomit from it but the smell was still in it. So i hire Sparkling Cleaning Services to clean that portion and they came on the time and clean the carpet very well and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The carpet cleaning was one of the most irritating problems in our home. Previously my mom was seriously suffering to do the task in her office as well as at home. Thanks to my friend Oliver who suggest us to hire a carpet cleaning service to resolve our problem. Now we are happy. I feel green cleaners team is proving the best service for Carpet Cleaning Brisbane. Just do not think more, go with green cleaners. They are fit for my requirement. Trust me, the Professional Carpet Cleaning Service do awesome work and make your carpet a new one.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Tiptop Clean Team provide the Same Day Carpet Cleaning Services. I am quite happy with their services. Now I am planning to get all my office carpet cleaned from them. Tiptop whole team work hard. They have the knowledge and expertise to remove all types of stain from your carpet. I Thank you Tiptop Team for your great service. I would like to recommend you to all my friends. Thank you, Tiptop guys keep up doing good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carpet look very attractive and they have more soft fabric then others So its care is also more difficult than others. So keep this thing in mind Kangaroo Carpet Cleaning Brisbane experts bring some tips for its cleaning. These tips are very easy and effective so follow these and keep your carpet always new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carpet is not a cheap thing, it is very expensive. Obviously. You are very caring towards your carpet. So if it was damaged, you don’t have to worry then because Tip Top Carpet Cleaning Brisbane explain you how to repair your carpet.

    ReplyDelete